Thursday, August 7, 2014

July 21, 2014

Hey mommy!
Thanks for the letter; it was a great one! I love hearing about what goes on in the real world! I say the real world because missionaries are not real people in the real world. :P Anyway, things here have been really good, and REALLY crazy. We have seen SO many miracles here its crazy. I would love to tell you all of them so lets see how the things go here.
Okay, so last Monday, we watched 17 miracles as a zone. That was just the start of the week of pure miracles. It was a really good movie and if you haven’t seen it, I recommend it. Okay, so, the family we are teaching is the family Nevarrez Catache. They are really, really AMAZING. They are the second miracle. So about them... The wife´s name is Marisol. She and her husband have a lot of problems, like they want to separate. The good part about that is they are not actually married. But they have been together for 10 years. They have 3 kids named, Alexia, Valeria, and Cristofer. They are an amazing family. 
I love this amazing family!
So, the problem here, is the mom and kids want to be baptized this week. But, they can’t get baptized if she is living together with her husband without being married. And she doesn’t want to be with him anymore, so basically we spent the entire week on a member hunt. We looked down the list of every member we had, to try to find her a place to live because she doesn’t have any money or a job, because her husband wouldn’t let her work because ´Women need to stay at home and take care of the kids’. We went through literally 30 or so members and all of them said no. BUT, the very LAST member that we passed for, we shared them an amazing scripture and visit about serving people to serve God. And she said YES!!
She and her kids are going to move in today and are going to be a lot happier. And by the way.. This last Saturday... We baptized both of her kids :) :) They are so adorable. Alexia has 10 years, Valeria’s 8, and Cristofer 6. So we couldn’t baptize him. But, we are going to baptize Marisol this next Saturday, when they are all moved in and happy!! That was the biggest miracle of that day. Then after, we were EXHAUSTED and had no energy. But some nice, nice lady at the gas station gave us chocolate, and said it looked like we needed something to enjoy! That was another little miracle. Ha! The chocolate here isn’t as good as it is in the U.S., but it’s still chocolate and we were so grateful. But the gas station was 30 minutes from our house, and we had to walk back. And the last miracle was, a member came by and said, “You look tired! Want a ride?” and gave us a ride! It was so nice!!
This week has been really good and really crazy. I haven’t had time to think, but it has been so good. This zone was definitely inspired. We have by far the most baptisms in the mission this month, and we are going to go take a picture for that. 
The Mormon Battalion!!
We have 21 baptisms this month, with a sure 11 more with a possibility of 30 more. We could, just our zone, the Battalion, baptize 50 in one month!! That would be so cool! Well, I have written a lot, it’s time to end it. I want to tell you that I love you so much and I am really grateful for all the love and support I have from you all. I wish you all the best and hope that you have a great week! Remember to always pray, because the Lord can work miracles. I have seen it. LOVE YOU!!!! This is going by fast, and I just completed 8 months yesterday! Crazy. Well I love you tons! Take care mommy!!!
Elder Shaddick :)  (A.K.A.  Elder Guapo)

P.S.  We sang at the baptism.  I will see if I can send you the video!  Love you :)



P.P.S. I have heard from some people that I look like this person in a movie called ‘Fault in the Stars’ or whatever it’s called. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I heard that I look and act like him.  From like 3 girls! :P Hahaha! Well it’s whatever. They all said they thought about me the whole movie, because that’s how I treat girls too! I take that as a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment