Monday, July 14, 2014

July 1, 2014

(Before I post this I just want to say that I have been correcting Braeden’s spelling and punctuation for the last few letters and I decided to stop doing that. He is an EXCELLENT speller and excellent in English skills in general, but since he is immersing himself into Spanish so much, his spelling and other skills are depreciating. He even says sentences a little bit wrong. It makes me smile. I think he’ll get a kick out of it in years to come when he realizes how bad it got. He doesn’t think it’s changed at all. Guess he’ll see! J)

Hey mommy!!!
I have some great and interesting stories to tell you. First, yes I did get transfers, to a city called Girasoles en Chihuahua. My companion’s name was Elder Minquiz.
Elder Miquiz
I was literaly there for 6 days, and then I had an interview with {the mission} president. In the interview, he imediately stood up, and took me to the map and asked me where I wanted to get transfered to. I told him wherever he felt inspired. He sent me to Delicias! It’s about 30 minutes from Saucillo! I LOVE IT here. It’s so nice and my companion is awesome. His name is Elder Finkenthal.
Elder Finkenthal
He’s a great kid, and very nice.
Also, with my Spanish, yeah I am going to say that I am fluent. I had NO problems understand Elder Minquiz for the last week. So thats my story about that! Anyway, Nothing else really has happened, it has just been a really crazy week, and I am not sure what I can say about it. Well, Elder Minquiz was a great person and I liked his personality, but he wasn’t my favorite for a companion. But I learned a ton from him and I am a lot better. Also, in my meeting with president, I asked him for a blessing, and it was really nice. It gave me a lot of comfort and peace and more desires to work. I really like being here in Delicias, and I feel like we are going to have a lot of success here. I am a lot more... Tranquil? The word is Tranquilo. I dont know. OH yeah!! Calm.
Time for me to go; then go again!
Haha Anyway, its been really good.
I just want to say that I love you and miss you a lot. But the time is really flying by. I cant believe that I have 7 months and a half in the mission. Its going by so fast. Especially because I have changed myself into the person that I need to be. And that the Lord needs me to be. Well, I hope you have a great week! And I hope you know that I love you all so very much and I hope you feel of the blessings that I do for me being out here. :P Well, Have a good week mommy!  Love you :)
   

  Elder Shaddick
I'll miss this family

And I'll really miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment