Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Hey Mommy!!!
That poem was literally incredible. I want to print it off and keep it with me. Anyway, I am REALLY sorry about all the struggles that you are having. I can’t even imagine. Also, we know if we get transfers tonight, and I really think that I am going. But I actually REALLY don’t want to right now because I LOVE my new companion. He is INCREDIBLE. We are so much alike its crazy. And for that reason, I believe I will get transferred. Haha!
My awesome companion! Long day for us! He totally fell asleep on the way home!
I will make sure to pray harder about the house to sell as well.
Well, you’ll never guess who wrote to me?! Margaret! She is really such a nice lady. I bore my testimony to her, and told her to look for missionaries like me and nothing would make me happier. I know Austin just got transferred in South Africa to a place called Botsabelo. Wouldn’t that be cool if he was anywhere close to her? If I couldn’t go see her, at least my best friend could! She was so sweet to write to me!
Love these two!!
I am so sorry about all of the crazy things happening in your life right now. What can I do to help? I think for now, we have to focus on ourselves and do the voluntary? of the Lord. The word is voluntad in Spanish and I don’t remember what it is in English. {The word means “will” as in “do the will of the Lord”} Haha! :P Anyway, I hope that everything is all good with you all.
You are always in my prayers, and I always want that you are happy. Please take care and remember that The Lord will help you all through any struggle. Love you mommy!!!
   Elder Shaddick
Who doesn't love watermelon??


P.S. I love you tons and tons mommy. I am a lot better, and I promise you that I will keep praying for you all. The Lord can do all things just remember that!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!  :) Have an amazing week!

(Here is the poem I sent to Brae! It really is an amazing poem! One of my missionary mom friend's daughter wrote it and I just felt like it was something Braeden needed to hear!)
A Missionaries Prayer
  By: Hermana Miller

Dear Lord my heart is breaking, my mind it seems so full

Am I strong enough today?
 Towards home my heart does pull
I question my decision, 
I wonder why I´m here

Dear God above please hear me, 
please help me calm this fear
I need thee every hour
 and this I swear is true

the hours, minutes, seconds pass
, my heart it turns to you
the decision wasn't easy
, my knees, they ache from prayer

help me to find my purpose
, what message should I share?
There I knelt upon the ground 
with tears fresh from my eyes

as I try to find my words, 
my tired body sighs
As I laid there seeking sleep
 I felt a peace inside

I closed my eyes, I counted sheep
, the pain it did subside
While in my dreams, fast asleep
 I perceived a curious sight

I saw a man, standing there 
more glorious than light
but as he came in closer
 I recognized his face

it was my brother Jesus 
with all his love and grace
He told me that he loves me,
 he calmed my every nerve

he told me of my purpose 
saying "You are called to serve"
He told me of some people 
I knew them long ago

I met them up in heaven 
before we came below
He said that they are waiting 
for me to find them there

to share with them a message 
to show them someone cares
But brother I feel lonely,
 I miss my life before

my heart and mind are tired 
and my feet they are so sore
He showed to me his hands and feet 
I felt the marks thereof

He told me that the pain he felt 
was all an act of love
He knows just how I'm feeling
 He´s felt it all before

with his strength I'm worthy 
and this I know for sure
When I woke that morning
 my mindset had been changed

for now I knew my purpose, 
I take with me his name
That morning getting ready
 I felt his spirit there

pinning on my name tag, smiling-
finally knowing what to share

No comments:

Post a Comment