Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 16, 2014

Hey mommy!
This week has been SO MUCH BETTER. Thank you for your prayers, I have definitely felt them! Everything has been good, I have been happy, and all has been really good. My new companion is super cool! Way awesome and very easy to get along with. We have so much in common its crazy. He is into ALL of the stuff I’m into. It’s sick!! :) Things have been really good and I thought you would be happy to hear that. My time here has been flying. But hard sometimes, too. Anyways, thanks for all the inspirational stories and everything. That has been really helpful as well.
Happy Father's Day!!
Down here in Mexico it is really rough. Especially in Saucillo. The members can be frustrating sometimes. They literally had a counsel, to talk about all of the flaws that we as missionaries have. We were there for the first part, but then they asked us to leave, so they could talk about us. That's not very nice, is it? :( They wouldn’t do it themselves, so they had our mission leader stay, so that he could tell us all of our problems we’ve had for the past six months. I’m sacrificing two years of my life to come help and I feel so bad that they aren't as grateful as I had hoped. But, I still know it’s where the Lord needs me to be right now. Obviously I need to do some serious talking with them about gratitude and helping others. They need to start helping us find people and making those people we do find feel welcome. We can’t do it all by ourselves.
So Elder A really wants to live with us when he gets home. He has 4 months on the mission. We would have a blast together. He wants to write you because we are both serious about him living with us after the mission. And he wants to get to know you, if that’s okay! He doesn’t have a mom anymore, if you remember me telling you about him. He is going to send you a picture of the two of us. We were going for the UFC look! Haha! So he, Austin, and I will get an apartment when we go to college! That will be so much fun! I can’t wait and he says he can’t wait either.
UFC time?
Anyway, things are great and a lot better. Elder W and I are working so well together! This place won’t know what hit it! ;) The work is a little rough but we are trying to better it. I love you so much and I always love your letters. Especially when they’re long! Well, I have to go! :( I love you so much mommy, and I hope that you have an amazing week! I pray for you all every day, and I will pray for the house as well!!! Take care and love you all tons and tons.
         
Your favorite son, Elder Shaddick :)


P.S. Can I spend some money on fixing my guitar? It broke and I haven’t played it in weeks :( Also, the other photo is the future fathers and Father’s Day photo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment