Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

Hey mommy!  I really miss you tons!
This week has been super good! I didn’t really do anything different, and not that many interesting things happened, but we are having another baptism this next Sunday, and two more the Sunday after that :) We are doing good I think! Half of these baptisms are just straight miracles, but that’s what the mission is about right? I am super happy about all the work, and I can say that I am completely comfortable understanding and speaking Spanish now! The ward members told me I was basically on Elder C’s level now! That was pretty nice too! :)
Elder C and I have to prepare another song on the guitar for the baptism, because the ward member lady really liked it when I sang at the other one, so they gave us guitar sheets, and the words, and we are going to have to sing it then, too! :P That will be pretty fun. Also, for your Santa Semana (Easter) question. That’s what it is called. They believe that Christ ´God¨ dies again, and they don’t have Him with them in their presence for those 3 days. They all do a HUGE parade, and guys walk around holding crosses, and huge statues of the Virgin María, That is Jesus’ mom. {Haha! I have to insert here! I love how Brae doesn’t think I know who the Virgin Mary is!! J} They worship her here, and it’s so crazy with all the stuff going on. People are so apostosetic {apostate} here, or however you would say that. It’s pretty interesting!!
Beautiful Sunset!
Yeah, I am pretty sure the thing about the packages is true. {He is no longer allowed to get candy and food sent to him, or used clothes ie. some of the stuff he may want from his closet.} That makes me want to cry. You can send clothes, just not used clothes. So that’s pretty dumb too. But, I guess I will be fine. I just really wanted a Kit Kat!! :P The time is passing fast anyway! :) I can’t believe I hit 5 months yesterday! It is absolutely insane to think about. It does NOT feel like it’s true. It’s the coolest thing in the world to be able to understand and speak Spanish!!!!!! I taught a class in church yesterday, by myself, for the whole hour! That was pretty cool! I was not even prepared, because I didn’t know I was supposed to do it? :P  
Your blessing sounds amazing! I am very happy that you feel comforted and I’m proud of you for getting a blessing. That’s all that I am praying for for you. You deserve the best mommy! I just wish people would realize the worldly things last for this life only, and don’t follow them to the next. I don’t want to see anyone suffer for the rest of eternity. That makes me so sad!
That’s AWESOME about Kyle and Parker getting their mission calls!! That makes me happy! I love that so many people are going to Mexico! I will have so many friends to talk to!! Woohoo!!
Message to his best friend, Austin, who is serving in Botswana!
Oh, and when do I have to send that I love my mom thing? I didn’t have time this week and want to send it this next week!! I am trying to think of an awesome idea!!! I can’t wait to talk to you on Mother’s Day!! I can only talk for 40 minutes! But that will be way long :) and so amazing!! I can’t wait to see all of you guys on Skype!!
Well I have to go! Thanks for all that you do for me!! :) I am super grateful to have you as my mom! I am the luckiest missionary in the world! I wish I could see my blog... 2 years! Anyway, I love and miss you! I’ll write you next week, and see you in 3 weeks!! :)  LOVE YOU!!!

  Élder Shaddick

No comments:

Post a Comment