Thursday, April 3, 2014

January 4, 2014

Hey Mommy!!!
So, Las Vegas was so INCREDIBLE!!!! First of all, we were less than a mile, probably about half, away from the Luxor Hotel, where Criss Angel Performs!!!! That was so cool getting to see that! Also, it was warm and it felt really nice. :) Secondly, we basically CONVERTED a lady at the airport!!!!!!!! That was the coolest experience ever! She just randomly came over to us and sat down and immediately started asking what we did! We talked for about an hour and a half, and then we managed to give her some pamphlets, she told us that she believed everything that we told her, and that she will definitely get in contact with the missionaries down in Georgia:) That was THE COOLEST experience I have had so far. Literally incredible. Lastly, the driver that picked us up from the airport randomly turned to me and said, "Would you be comfortable driving us all home? I ate something that isn't sitting right in my stomach and I think I am going to be sick." I said yes, we immediately pulled over, and he got out of the car and started throwing up. I got out of the car to go help him, and see what I could do. He threw up for about 2 minutes. Poor guy was so sick. Then when he finished, he got in the passenger seat, and I drove us home from the airport in a huge van:) That was really fun as well!
So, that was my Vegas trip in a nutshell:) Such a blast! So, Jace and his girlfriend are very cute! Tell him that he needs to write me about everything, because I feel left out!! So, it will be really hard to call you in the afternoon. I am getting up at 2:30am, and then I will be at the airport until 6. So, I am probably going to have to call you around 4am. If you are all willing to get up that early. I will probably be able to talk for like 15 minutes in the afternoon as well. So, make everyone sleep over so they can all get up to talk to me:) I feel bad though. I am really sorry that my schedule is so dumb.
Chihuahua, Mexico
Don’t worry, I will follow every rule out in the field, and I will be safe:) New Years was good, but I was also kind of sad, because everyone was doing fireworks all night here. That was kind of a bummer. But that's okay. I can’t wait to go out and experience what Spanish will be like in Mexico. That will be hard, but I will be able to tell them what I need to say, and I will slowly get the language down! I know it will happen, and FAST! It is so good to hear from you, and I have 2 hours to email today! They might be at different times, but I will be able to write for 2 hours! I love you so much mommy, and I can’t wait to see all of the things that I am going to learn!


Love, Elder Shaddick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment